That kinda sounds like fun. Maybe I should try it again.
I haven't written an original post since July 12. Since then, I've
- traveled to New Orleans with people from my church for a Lutheran youth event
- seen my friend Jake become cancer-free
- watched my house become emptier, with all three kids in full-day school
- done a handful of consultations / speaking gigs
- listened to a lot of Mumford & Sons
- worked on projects for Faith Lens, sparkhouse, and Wholeness & Holiness
- spent time in Denver (my favorite city)
Probably the most significant change in the last few months has been my role at church. After nine years at Windsor Heights Lutheran, I worked to develop a new job description. It's a ministry mutt position in the areas of children, youth, family, young adult, music, and communications ministries. This new role comes with a 12-month trial - with the plan to evaluate how / if the leadership and I feel this position effectively combines the needs of the congregation with the gifts and interests of the staff person. It's been quite a transition!
So, that's a quick update on my life. Moving forward I hope to continue sharing stories, insights, and questions about what's going on in the world. As always, I'm grateful for the participation of those who read and interact with koinonia.