Monday, January 4, 2010
Top Stories of 2009
Nearly everyone does year-end lists. Most of them are incomplete or inaccurate. With that in mind, here are the seven stories that intrigued me in 2009.
1. Ed Thomas / Parkersburg -- the best and worst of humanity in one story
2. ELCA Churchwide Assembly -- Lutheran sexuality votes make worldwide headlines
3. ELCA Youth Gathering -- largest three-day service project ever makes fewer headlines
4. Weather -- ice, wind, hail, floods, cold, blah blah blah
5. Tiger Woods -- don't want to look; can't look away
6. Michael Jackson's death -- troubled man, gifted musician, Isaac's favorite
7. Honor Flights -- thousands of Iowa WWII vets take trip to Washington D.C.
What stories captured your attention and imagination in 2009?
at 2:03 AM