Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pill Popper



From the Washington Post:
During two weeks of watching television game shows and trying to keep up with homework online, the Fairfax teen, an honor student and lettered athlete, had time to study the handbook closely. If she had been caught high on LSD, heroin or another illegal drug, she found, she would have been suspended for five days. Taking her prescribed birth-control pill on campus drew the same punishment as bringing a gun to school would have.

I don't like this. I somewhat understand the position that the principal is in...but isn't it time to readdress the rules? A two-week mandatory suspension and a recommendation for expulsion? Seems a bit harsh. Makes me wonder how I would respond if this young gal was a part of youth group at my church.

1 comment:

  1. That school policy is screwed up.

    That picture is hilarious though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to be a part of "koinonia"