Friday, February 27, 2009

40 Days of Purpose(ful Blogging)




I'm gonna try posting a blog every day in Lent. This is not a "Lenten discipline" in the sense that I don't think that this practice will draw me closer to the Triune God, nor do I think that it's a major sacrifice. Additionally, I don't know that there is any real clamoring in the general public for a daily dose of my unsolicited opinions. I'm mainly doing this for me. I value the creative process that comes from writing free-form entries. So there you have it.

I live an unpredictable life (well...for a guy with a minivan, a mortgage, and 3 kids). I don't have a lot of patterns or routines. Every once in a while, it's good for me to give rituals a try. So, between now and Easter (a.k.a. The Day I Turn 30), I am going to write something here on koinonia. This is something I'm doing in conjunction with my friend / youth ministry colleague, E-Hark...so, from time to time, she will appear on this space as well.

(Also, for those of you who like to pick nits, I realize that there are more than 40 days between Ash Wednesday and Easter. The whole "Sunday is a mini-Easter" thing factors into the total number. So don't post a bunch of comments correcting me on the title. Pax...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to be a part of "koinonia"