Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Late in the Evening

After a chaotic week, I have found myself significantly behind in several aspects of my life. I was able to catch a quick cat-nap this evening while Allison ran a few errands with the kids...which means I'm gonna be up late into the night. Time to take advantage of the opportunity to be productive without interruptions. However, what usually happens is I get distracted by YouTube, Facebook, or Tetris...but tonight is not that night! I'm gonna make notes throughout the night, as a convoluted way of holding myself accountable. So, without further ado, direct from the "Things Nobody Really Cares About" department, I offer a live-blog of my night (all times CST).

11:00 - Got back from a quick run to the grocery store. Unpacked said groceries.

11:10 - Looks like Mrs. Smith made a really good apple pie...I may need to examine the contents of the box for truth in advertising.

11:13 - Baking Instructions, step #2: "Remove frozen pie from box, remove plastic wrap, fluff streusel with a fork." (Insert your own fluffing streusel joke here...)

11:22 - Brain Fuel: Raisin Nut Bran, orange cream yogurt, XXX Vitamin Water

11:31 - Dan Patrick Show podcast...checking church email...3 messages from the Treasurer (never good)

11:40 - Sunday School curriculum time. Tonight's project - lesson plans for "Simeon and Anna", grades 5 & 6. Ready...set...GO!

11:43 - The projected date for this lesson to be taught (lectionary-based) is 1/1/2012. Probably not a lot of Sunday School classes meeting on New Year's Day. Better do a good job, just in case.

11:50 - I hear the pitter patter of little feet upstairs. Grrr....

11:53 - Isaac sleepwalking...went right back to sleep.

12:01 - No more DP show. Too much witty banter. Can't focus. Time for Renaissance motets on Pandora.

12:13 - EHark makes an appearance on the gmail chat. She can't figure out what to blog about. I'm clearly the wrong person to ask for advice, as evidenced by my live-blog about nothing.

12:25 - Why does Mrs. Smith make me wait 30-60 minutes for her apple pie to cool?

12:30 - Renaissance music is making me sleepy. This is NOT good! Time for some boy band goodness.

12:42 - A brief detour to the Land of Tetris cured my sleepiness

12:53 - "Your love is like a river, peaceful and deep / Your soul is like a secret that I never could keep / When I look into your eyes I know that it's true / God must have spent a little more time on you." *NSync was a lot of things...one thing they were not - theologians.

1:01 - Why haven't the good folks who make Banquet pot pies figured out a way to keep the crust from sticking to the paper container after it's done baking? I've been a 20+ year connoisseur of these tasty treats. The container used to be foil...now it's paper. It makes no difference. I'm still scraping the crust off after waiting 40 minutes for the darn thing to warm up!

1:10 - S Club 7, y'all...totally forgot about these cats. Thank God for Pandora...

1:14 - EHark knocked it out of the park once again. Great "letter to God" entry.

1:27 - Losing the battle...even boy bands can't keep me awake

1:44 - Enjoying Gustav Holst's "Nunc Dimittis" on YouTube (aka Simeon's Song)



2:02 - Halfway done with the lesson plan!

2:14 - zzzzzzzzzzzzz


- - - - - - -

7:33 - I clearly had an epic fail in my attempt at an all-nighter. Sleep felt good, though. To recap: the lesson plan is almost done, got my act together for the Treasurer, couldn't make up my mind on music, and almost set a high score on Tetris.

Time for a new day!

(I think I just spotted new grey whiskers in my 3-day facial growth. Ugh...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to be a part of "koinonia"